The Arizona Statewide Independent Living Council accomplishes much of its work as a result of the efforts of Council members and other stakeholders who serve on various committees. These committees work to provide SILC staff and the Council with input, direction and support related to carrying out our responsibilities related to the State Plan for Independent Living and other SILC activities.
- Review and provide editorial comment on emergency preparedness issues and/or plans, with a particular focus on addressing functional needs populations.
- Advise and/or participate in emergency drills and exercises.
- Promote and support the council’s emergency preparedness presentations and workshops.
- Participate in the Arizona Partners in Preparedness Conference.
- Review the demographic profile of council composition to ensure statutory compliance
- Identify and recruit appropriate individuals to recommend as candidates for gubernatorial appointments to the council.
- Solicit council nominations for positions on the executive committee and provide oversight of council elections.
- Recognize the contributions and tenure of council members.
More information coming soon.
- Develop an instrument, methodology and scoring criteria for assessing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the SPIL.
- Conduct a periodic assessment and evaluation of the implementation of the SPIL.
- Report to the council the data and findings of the SPIL assessment and evaluation.
- Assist with the response related to evaluating SILC in the annual 704 Report.