Every three years, the Arizona Statewide Independent Living Council (AZSILC) submits a new State Plan for Independent Living (the “SPIL”) to the Administration for Community Living, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. Each state and territory of the United States is required to submit a State Plan in order to receive federal funds allocated to the Independent Living program.
The plan must include:
- The goals, objectives, and strategies for the state’s Independent Living network
- An account of outreach efforts to identify unserved and underserved populations
- A detailed report of the Independent Living services currently provided in the state
- A description of the state’s network of CILs, including information regarding unserved and underserved communities and how the network will conduct outreach to these areas
- A narrative on the working relationships of providers in the state’s IL network
- A description of the SILC resource plan.
- The process that will be used to monitor, evaluate and report on SPIL activities